Small definition- a website which provides useful and relevant content to the user with good user experience, basically there are too many factors which makes a website a high quality website.
If you are spending lots of money on your website it doesn’t mean that your website is a high quality website.
Though, to say about website quality is a subjective thing. Your website may be judges as high quality by one person and by another might judge as low quality. There are number of factors which a user and search engines use to make judgments for your website quality.
There are some questions given below and if more than 80% answers say “yes” then your website is considered as high quality website. Even just a single no can make your website a low quality (like slow loading speed, copied content etc).
Questions to check quality of a website?
- Is domain name of your website representing business’s name?
- Does the website contains its address and contact number?
- Is it possible for the user to speak with the website’s representative?
- Does your website not hide its history and objectives?
- Is your website present on social media websites?
- If your website is business based, is the testimonials are there? Or for other website, are case studies/ reviews are present?
- Is the website is designed by professionals?
- Is the website contains pics or photos of people associated with it?
- Is your website is trustworthy with your credit card information?
- Is the style and presentation (fonts alignments, colors etc) of your website is consistence.
- Is your website text is easily readable?
- Is your website content is free from grammatical and spelling errors and is it expressive to the user so that user enjoys while reading?
- Are the pictures or photos, videos used in the website are high quality?
- Is your website is free from 404 errors and broken links
- Is your website free from blackhat SEO techniques (like doorway pages, hidden text etc)?
- If your website free from malware and viruses?
- Does your website topic clearly focused?
- Does the content of your website is written by an expert?
- Is your website content is free duplicity?
- Is your website content is trustworthy?
- Is your website updated regularly?
- Is your website content is unique?
- Is your website better when compared with other competitor’s websites?
- Is your website is linked to, from high quality websites?
- Does your website references another high quality websites?
- Is your website contains too many ads?
- Are the advertisements are clearly and easily distinguishable from the content?
- Does your website free from unnecessary data?
- Does your website loading speed is less?
- When the user visits your website then does he/she visits more than one page?
Does the average visit duration is more than 1 minute? (You can check the average visit duration in Google analytics).
Your website quality has an effect on the efforts which you made for SEO of your website. As it become little much more easier for a website to rank in search engine, if it is a high quality website.
As we all know that the search engine main algorithm is to show high quality websites in the top of SERPs. Google also have panda update whose main aim to remove the low quality websites from SERPs.
So don’t forget to give more attention on your website quality.